You are here: Home » Landlord Training Program
The cost of the training program is $10.00.This includes all training materials, with light food and beverages provided during session.
Questions can be directed to the Department of City Development:
Neighborhood Development Specialist
Nancy Maring (920) 459-3379
Prevention and Applicant Screening
• How code compliance (preparing the property) can protect your rights as a landlord.
• Benefits of applicant screening.
• Tips to strengthen rental agreements.
• How to become a proactive property manager.
Drug Nuisance Abatement
• Warning signs of drug activity.
• Actions you must take if you discover your tenant or tenant’s guests are conducting illegal activities at your property.
• Role of the Police Department.
• Crisis resolution and the eviction process.
• 100+ page manual with additional community resources for landlords and property managers.
Benefits of the City of Sheboygan’s Landlord Training Program:
• A stable, more satisfied tenant base.
• Increased demand for rental units with a reputation for active management.
• Lower maintenance and repair costs.
• Improved personal safety for tenants, landlords and managers.
• Peace of mind that comes from spending more time on routine management and less on crisis control.
• More appreciative neighbors.
The Costs of Drug Activity in Rental Property: That Price May Include:
• Decline in property values – particularly when the activity begins affecting the reputation of a neighborhood.
• Property damage arising from abuse, retaliation or neglect; property damage from police raids.
• Fire resulting from manufacturing or grow operations.
• Civil penalties, including temporary closure of the property – or even property seizure.
• Loss of rent during the eviction and repair periods.
• Fear and frustration when dealing with dangerous and threatening tenants.
• Increased resentment and anger between neighbors and property managers.
• The loss of the valued tenants.
625 total views, 2 views today